Four Maoists arrested in Kharswan
Jamshedpur: Four CPI (Maoists) were
arrested following an encounter in Gitilbera jungle under Hesakocha panchyat of Chowka police station in Seraikela-Kharswan district today.
The security personnel were on their regular long-range patrolling in the naxal-infested jungle when they came across the ultras, who fired on them, Superintendent of Police Upendra Kumar said.
No casualty was reported from the police side and four ultras were arrested following the encounter, he said.
Police recovered a 9 mm pistol, two magazines, eight cartridges, medicines, food items, party flag and posters from them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested