Four Maoists arrested in Khunti
Khunti: Four Maoists, including three women, were on Saturday arrested after a brief
encounter with security forces in the jungles of Khunti, a police officer said here.
The gun-fight broke out during an anti-naxal operation between Iti and Pangura forests with both the sides exchanging about 180 rounds of fire, Superintendent of Police, Manoj
Kaushik, told newsmen here.
The four were overpowered while the others fled, Kaushik said.
The security forces seized 28 pieces of explosive gel and Insas rifle ammunition.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users