Four Maoists arrested in Khunti
Khunti: Four Maoists, including three women, were on Saturday arrested after a brief
encounter with security forces in the jungles of Khunti, a police officer said here.
The gun-fight broke out during an anti-naxal operation between Iti and Pangura forests with both the sides exchanging about 180 rounds of fire, Superintendent of Police, Manoj
Kaushik, told newsmen here.
The four were overpowered while the others fled, Kaushik said.
The security forces seized 28 pieces of explosive gel and Insas rifle ammunition.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- Barack Obama says UK committed to 'orderly transition' out of EU
- Islamic State captures 900 Kurdish civilians in north Syria in 3 weeks
- 33 killed in renewed clashes across Yemen
- 'North Korea now a nuclear threat to be reckoned with, Washington can expect more nuclear tests and missile launches'
- Two killed, 100 homes destroyed by fast-moving California wildfire