Four Maoists arrested in Khunti
Khunti: Four Maoists, including three women, were on Saturday arrested after a brief
encounter with security forces in the jungles of Khunti, a police officer said here.
The gun-fight broke out during an anti-naxal operation between Iti and Pangura forests with both the sides exchanging about 180 rounds of fire, Superintendent of Police, Manoj
Kaushik, told newsmen here.
The four were overpowered while the others fled, Kaushik said.
The security forces seized 28 pieces of explosive gel and Insas rifle ammunition.
- PM Modi to launch solar-powered boats in Varanasi today, visit to Ballia also on cards
- Uttarakhand forest fire: Director of Delhi's Fire Dept to visit hill state today, govt to press MI-17 choppers; at least 6 dead
- First phase of NEET examination today as Supreme Court says allow exam to be held
- Andhra Pradesh to become first 'Open Defecation Free' state
- SC, ST promotions: Shivraj Singh-led government to move Supreme Court