Four Maoists responsible on prison van attack arrested
Giridih: Four Maoists from Bihar were on Saturday arrested in connection with the November 9 rebel attack on a prison transit van to free their cadres in Giridih town, police said.
"The arrested Maoists are identified as Babulal Besra, Chandar Marandi, Mukesh Yadav and Ashok Chode (Munger). Bombs and bikes were recovered from them," Giridih Superintendent of Police AV Homkar said here.
He said they had been involved in the daring attack on the transit van that had killed three policemen and a prisoner and left six others injured while returning to jail from a Giridih court.
Six Maoists prisoners, who escaped after the Maoists attack then, were still at large, he added.
The arrest took place during joint raids by Jharkhand and Bihar police personnel, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’