Four Maoists responsible on prison van attack arrested
Giridih: Four Maoists from Bihar were on Saturday arrested in connection with the November 9 rebel attack on a prison transit van to free their cadres in Giridih town, police said.
"The arrested Maoists are identified as Babulal Besra, Chandar Marandi, Mukesh Yadav and Ashok Chode (Munger). Bombs and bikes were recovered from them," Giridih Superintendent of Police AV Homkar said here.
He said they had been involved in the daring attack on the transit van that had killed three policemen and a prisoner and left six others injured while returning to jail from a Giridih court.
Six Maoists prisoners, who escaped after the Maoists attack then, were still at large, he added.
The arrest took place during joint raids by Jharkhand and Bihar police personnel, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH