Four Maoists responsible on prison van attack arrested
Giridih: Four Maoists from Bihar were on Saturday arrested in connection with the November 9 rebel attack on a prison transit van to free their cadres in Giridih town, police said.
"The arrested Maoists are identified as Babulal Besra, Chandar Marandi, Mukesh Yadav and Ashok Chode (Munger). Bombs and bikes were recovered from them," Giridih Superintendent of Police AV Homkar said here.
He said they had been involved in the daring attack on the transit van that had killed three policemen and a prisoner and left six others injured while returning to jail from a Giridih court.
Six Maoists prisoners, who escaped after the Maoists attack then, were still at large, he added.
The arrest took place during joint raids by Jharkhand and Bihar police personnel, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan