Four PLFI ultras arrested in Jharkhand
Hazaribagh (Jharkhand): Four ultras of the People`s Liberation Front of India (PLFI) were arrested in Hazaribagh district, police said on Saturday.
Acting on a tip-off, they were nabbed at a place under Icchak police station last night, Superintendent of Police Manoj Kaushik told reporters here.
One rifle, looted from the police, a country-made gun, revolver along with four cartridges, four mobile sets and uniform used by the rebels were seized from their possession, the SP added.
"The PLFI is trying to strengthen its base in this region after being driven away in the combing operations," he said.
The arrests indicated that the PLFI activists were trying to regroup to collect extortion from various construction sites as development works picked up, he said.
The four arrested ultras were identified as Amit Munda, Amit Paswan, Rinku Kumar and Kauleshwar Mahato.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- My News: People forced to pay for govt water tankers in Sangam Vihar
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi