Four PLFI ultras arrested in Jharkhand
Hazaribagh (Jharkhand): Four ultras of the People`s Liberation Front of India (PLFI) were arrested in Hazaribagh district, police said on Saturday.
Acting on a tip-off, they were nabbed at a place under Icchak police station last night, Superintendent of Police Manoj Kaushik told reporters here.
One rifle, looted from the police, a country-made gun, revolver along with four cartridges, four mobile sets and uniform used by the rebels were seized from their possession, the SP added.
"The PLFI is trying to strengthen its base in this region after being driven away in the combing operations," he said.
The arrests indicated that the PLFI activists were trying to regroup to collect extortion from various construction sites as development works picked up, he said.
The four arrested ultras were identified as Amit Munda, Amit Paswan, Rinku Kumar and Kauleshwar Mahato.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Why is religion being made the basis of election campaigns in UP?
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Sony Xperia X gets a price cut of whopping Rs 14,000