Four PLFI ultras arrested in Jharkhand
Hazaribagh (Jharkhand): Four ultras of the People`s Liberation Front of India (PLFI) were arrested in Hazaribagh district, police said on Saturday.
Acting on a tip-off, they were nabbed at a place under Icchak police station last night, Superintendent of Police Manoj Kaushik told reporters here.
One rifle, looted from the police, a country-made gun, revolver along with four cartridges, four mobile sets and uniform used by the rebels were seized from their possession, the SP added.
"The PLFI is trying to strengthen its base in this region after being driven away in the combing operations," he said.
The arrests indicated that the PLFI activists were trying to regroup to collect extortion from various construction sites as development works picked up, he said.
The four arrested ultras were identified as Amit Munda, Amit Paswan, Rinku Kumar and Kauleshwar Mahato.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender