Four security personnel injured in two Maoist attacks in Jharkhand
Zee Media Bureau
Ranchi: Four security personnel were injured in Maoist attacks at two places in Jharkhand early Tuesday, police said.
Maoist Guerrillas detonated a landmine at Potana jungle in Khunti district, around 70 km from Ranchi, early Tuesday. Murhu police station in-charge PK Jha and two constables were going to Potna village when their vehicle drove over the landmine, DIG Praveen Kumar Singh said.
In the second incident, one policeman was injured in a gun battle with the Maoists in Garwah district Tuesday. The gun fight took place at the border the state shares with Chhattisgarh and lasted for three hours, the officer said.
Notably, politicians in Maoist-infested Khunti district have expressed grave concerns as they face serious security threats from Maoists ahead of the General Elections - a democratic exercise that the rebels despise.
As per a report by the Ministry of Internal Affairs, Khunti has been ranked the topmost Maoist affected district in the country.
Around 34 civilians and security officials were killed in Maoist attacks in Khunti last year.
(With Agency inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- Getting out of bad relationship good for your health
- Why photoshop them? Try saffron, apples to get 'real armpits'
- Arvind Kejriwal says Modi declaring emergency in Delhi after AAP MLA Dinesh Mohaniya's arrest in assault case
- Why was Pulkit Samrat miffed with paparazzi? – Know here
- Heavy rainfall forecast in Karnataka as monsoon advances