Four security personnel injured in two Maoist attacks in Jharkhand
Zee Media Bureau
Ranchi: Four security personnel were injured in Maoist attacks at two places in Jharkhand early Tuesday, police said.
Maoist Guerrillas detonated a landmine at Potana jungle in Khunti district, around 70 km from Ranchi, early Tuesday. Murhu police station in-charge PK Jha and two constables were going to Potna village when their vehicle drove over the landmine, DIG Praveen Kumar Singh said.
In the second incident, one policeman was injured in a gun battle with the Maoists in Garwah district Tuesday. The gun fight took place at the border the state shares with Chhattisgarh and lasted for three hours, the officer said.
Notably, politicians in Maoist-infested Khunti district have expressed grave concerns as they face serious security threats from Maoists ahead of the General Elections - a democratic exercise that the rebels despise.
As per a report by the Ministry of Internal Affairs, Khunti has been ranked the topmost Maoist affected district in the country.
Around 34 civilians and security officials were killed in Maoist attacks in Khunti last year.
(With Agency inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IPL 9 VIDEO: Guess who led Kolkata Knight Riders' playoffs celebrations!
- Salman Khan flexes his muscles in new 'Sultan' still! See pic
- Answering machine, chats on QR code coming soon on WhatsApp!
- Jiah Khan case: HC stays trial against Sooraj Pancholi; Rabia's plea to be heard on June 7
- Say whaaat! Former Bigg Boss contestant Sofia Hayat is now 'Mother Sofia' – Pics inside