Four security personnel injured in two Maoist attacks in Jharkhand
Zee Media Bureau
Ranchi: Four security personnel were injured in Maoist attacks at two places in Jharkhand early Tuesday, police said.
Maoist Guerrillas detonated a landmine at Potana jungle in Khunti district, around 70 km from Ranchi, early Tuesday. Murhu police station in-charge PK Jha and two constables were going to Potna village when their vehicle drove over the landmine, DIG Praveen Kumar Singh said.
In the second incident, one policeman was injured in a gun battle with the Maoists in Garwah district Tuesday. The gun fight took place at the border the state shares with Chhattisgarh and lasted for three hours, the officer said.
Notably, politicians in Maoist-infested Khunti district have expressed grave concerns as they face serious security threats from Maoists ahead of the General Elections - a democratic exercise that the rebels despise.
As per a report by the Ministry of Internal Affairs, Khunti has been ranked the topmost Maoist affected district in the country.
Around 34 civilians and security officials were killed in Maoist attacks in Khunti last year.
(With Agency inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, released later
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- DNA: Ground reporting of the deteriorating sanctity of Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...