Four security personnel injured in two Maoist attacks in Jharkhand
Zee Media Bureau
Ranchi: Four security personnel were injured in Maoist attacks at two places in Jharkhand early Tuesday, police said.
Maoist Guerrillas detonated a landmine at Potana jungle in Khunti district, around 70 km from Ranchi, early Tuesday. Murhu police station in-charge PK Jha and two constables were going to Potna village when their vehicle drove over the landmine, DIG Praveen Kumar Singh said.
In the second incident, one policeman was injured in a gun battle with the Maoists in Garwah district Tuesday. The gun fight took place at the border the state shares with Chhattisgarh and lasted for three hours, the officer said.
Notably, politicians in Maoist-infested Khunti district have expressed grave concerns as they face serious security threats from Maoists ahead of the General Elections - a democratic exercise that the rebels despise.
As per a report by the Ministry of Internal Affairs, Khunti has been ranked the topmost Maoist affected district in the country.
Around 34 civilians and security officials were killed in Maoist attacks in Khunti last year.
(With Agency inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Parties should be united against terrorism, says Rajnath Singh
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez