Four security personnel injured in two Maoist attacks in Jharkhand
Zee Media Bureau
Ranchi: Four security personnel were injured in Maoist attacks at two places in Jharkhand early Tuesday, police said.
Maoist Guerrillas detonated a landmine at Potana jungle in Khunti district, around 70 km from Ranchi, early Tuesday. Murhu police station in-charge PK Jha and two constables were going to Potna village when their vehicle drove over the landmine, DIG Praveen Kumar Singh said.
In the second incident, one policeman was injured in a gun battle with the Maoists in Garwah district Tuesday. The gun fight took place at the border the state shares with Chhattisgarh and lasted for three hours, the officer said.
Notably, politicians in Maoist-infested Khunti district have expressed grave concerns as they face serious security threats from Maoists ahead of the General Elections - a democratic exercise that the rebels despise.
As per a report by the Ministry of Internal Affairs, Khunti has been ranked the topmost Maoist affected district in the country.
Around 34 civilians and security officials were killed in Maoist attacks in Khunti last year.
(With Agency inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- Lemon: An ideal ingredient for your glowing skin, good health
- 'Baar Baar Dekho' promotions: Katrina Kaif-Sidharth Malhotra stun with their chemistry on 'Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa'
- Pleasant music helps employees turn in better performances: Study
- Unbelievable! Airtel offers 10 GB 4G data at just Rs 250
- Using Facebook, Twitter may cut BP, diabetes in elderly