Free haircut in `Dhoni salon`
Ranchi: A salon that Indian cricket captain
Mahendra Singh Dhoni used to visit in the past here, announced
free haircut after the national team`s historic World Cup
victory after 28 years.
And although no one shave off hair to emulate Dhoni`s
new look, but 10 persons availed the free haircut offered by
parlour on Sunday.
"We announced a free haircut on Sunday after India`s win
on Saturday. Ten persons had their haircut yesterday," a
spokesperson of the beauty parlour said.
The salon shot into fame four years ago when Dhoni, who
had long locks then, used to visit the parlour at Lalpur area
Dhoni, who later trimmed his hair, now has shaved it off
after India`s World Cup victory.
"No, not yet," the spokesperson said when asked whether
any of the Dhoni fans had turned up to emulate the World Cup
winning captain`s new style.
Long hair, made popular by Dhoni once, is still a fashion
statement amongst youngsters, including India`s ODI batsman
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report