Fresh Naxal attack in Jharkhand, one COBRA jawan dead
Zee Media Bureau
Jharkhand: In a fierce gun-battle with Naxals on Tuesday, a CRPF jawan of COBRA battalion was killed in Chaibasa district here.
According to reports, a joint squad of Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) and state police had begun an operation in the jungles of the district last night in an attempt to trace some top Naxal commanders.
Meanwhile, sources said joint forces have been sent for the long haul operation and this operation was based on intelligence inputs.
Police informed that COBRA battalion jawan Santosh Kumar Singh was air-lifted to Ranchi after he suffered critical injury.
"COBRA battalion jawan Santosh Kumar Singh, who suffered an injury in the upper chest during the encounter with Maoists, has been air-lifted to Ranchi for treatment," DIG (Kolhan) Arun Kumar Singh, said.
However, the injured jawan Santosh Kumar Singh succumbed to his injuries later.
Singh also informed that the encounter, which began at 9 AM during a routine long-range patrolling in Maoist-hit areas of the district, is on. The security personnel retaliated when the rebels started firing on seeing them approaching.
With PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?