Fresh Naxal attack in Jharkhand, one COBRA jawan dead
Zee Media Bureau
Jharkhand: In a fierce gun-battle with Naxals on Tuesday, a CRPF jawan of COBRA battalion was killed in Chaibasa district here.
According to reports, a joint squad of Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) and state police had begun an operation in the jungles of the district last night in an attempt to trace some top Naxal commanders.
Meanwhile, sources said joint forces have been sent for the long haul operation and this operation was based on intelligence inputs.
Police informed that COBRA battalion jawan Santosh Kumar Singh was air-lifted to Ranchi after he suffered critical injury.
"COBRA battalion jawan Santosh Kumar Singh, who suffered an injury in the upper chest during the encounter with Maoists, has been air-lifted to Ranchi for treatment," DIG (Kolhan) Arun Kumar Singh, said.
However, the injured jawan Santosh Kumar Singh succumbed to his injuries later.
Singh also informed that the encounter, which began at 9 AM during a routine long-range patrolling in Maoist-hit areas of the district, is on. The security personnel retaliated when the rebels started firing on seeing them approaching.
With PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read