‘Fresh people’s movement is needed to save land’
Dumka (Jharkhand): The CPI(ML-Liberation) on Saturday appealed to the people that a fresh movement was the "need of the hour" in the face of corporate houses attempting to "lay siege" over land in Jharkhand.
"The aim of corporate sectors is to lay siege on land of the poor and the farmers. They are also out to exploit minerals. A fresh movement by the people is the need of the hour," CPI(ML-Liberation) national general secretary Dipankar Bhattacharya told reporters in Dumka.
Accusing the ruling class across the country of helping the private companies, Bhattacharya said land had become the single most important issue in Jharkhand.
"Jharkhand is the target of corporates for its mineral wealth, and it should be resisted," he said.
Leaders, who had been responsible in the acquisition of land were now showing solidarity with land losers, Bhattacharya alleged, apparently referring to JVM chief Babulal Marandis’s 22-day dharna against Panem Coal Mines Limited.
Marandi had ended his agitation at Pachuwara in neighbouring Pakur district yesterday after the company agreed to implement the 2006 agreement within six months.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?