‘Fresh people’s movement is needed to save land’
Dumka (Jharkhand): The CPI(ML-Liberation) on Saturday appealed to the people that a fresh movement was the "need of the hour" in the face of corporate houses attempting to "lay siege" over land in Jharkhand.
"The aim of corporate sectors is to lay siege on land of the poor and the farmers. They are also out to exploit minerals. A fresh movement by the people is the need of the hour," CPI(ML-Liberation) national general secretary Dipankar Bhattacharya told reporters in Dumka.
Accusing the ruling class across the country of helping the private companies, Bhattacharya said land had become the single most important issue in Jharkhand.
"Jharkhand is the target of corporates for its mineral wealth, and it should be resisted," he said.
Leaders, who had been responsible in the acquisition of land were now showing solidarity with land losers, Bhattacharya alleged, apparently referring to JVM chief Babulal Marandis’s 22-day dharna against Panem Coal Mines Limited.
Marandi had ended his agitation at Pachuwara in neighbouring Pakur district yesterday after the company agreed to implement the 2006 agreement within six months.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days