Fresh probe into deaf and dumb youth`s death
Ranchi: Jharkhand government on Monday announced a fresh probe into the death of a deaf and dumb youth, whose body was recently exhumed for post mortem following allegations that he died in police firing during anti-naxal operation in Latehar district on January 31.
"Deputy Inspector General of Police (Palamau Range) will probe the incident," Jharkhand`s HRD Minister Baijnath Ram announced in the state assembly.
The announcement came after CPI (ML-Liberation) MLA Vinod Kumar Singh raised the issue during question hour.
Alleging that the youth Lukas Minz had been killed on January 31 during joint anti-naxal operation in Latehar and Lohardaga and his post mortem report suggested the deaf-and-dumb youth had suffered bullet wounds.
Singh demanded a CBI probe or a judicial probe into the incident as the ongoing police investigation was being conducted by an officer junior to superintendents of police of Lohardaga and Latehar districts, who had led the operation.
He wondered whether it could be a neutral probe, prompting the minister to announce the probe by the DIG-ranked officer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy