Full bench upholds prison sentence against lawyer in Jharkhand
Ranchi: A full bench of Jharkhand High Court on Tuesday upheld a lower court`s jail sentence against a lawyer in a contempt case eight years ago.
The bench, comprising Justices R R Prasad, Prasant Kumar, H C Mishra, D N Upadhaya and Aparesh Kumar Singh, confirmed a Giridih court`s judgement sentencing Kamal Kishore Jha, an advocate at the Giridih court, to six months` imprisonment.
The full bench also directed the Bar Council to cancel Jha`s license.
The Additional District Judge, Giridih, had in 2006 passed the verdict against Jha for abusing the court and the magistrate of Giridih before the high court confirmed the sentence after Kamal had moved it.
Kamal also appealed against the sentence in the Supreme Court which dismissed it and asked the high court to pass an appropriate order - necessitating the formation of the full bench.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak
- School director beaten to death after two students found dead in Bihar
- #SelfieWithDaughter trends worldwide on Twitter after PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat'