Full bench upholds prison sentence against lawyer in Jharkhand
Ranchi: A full bench of Jharkhand High Court on Tuesday upheld a lower court`s jail sentence against a lawyer in a contempt case eight years ago.
The bench, comprising Justices R R Prasad, Prasant Kumar, H C Mishra, D N Upadhaya and Aparesh Kumar Singh, confirmed a Giridih court`s judgement sentencing Kamal Kishore Jha, an advocate at the Giridih court, to six months` imprisonment.
The full bench also directed the Bar Council to cancel Jha`s license.
The Additional District Judge, Giridih, had in 2006 passed the verdict against Jha for abusing the court and the magistrate of Giridih before the high court confirmed the sentence after Kamal had moved it.
Kamal also appealed against the sentence in the Supreme Court which dismissed it and asked the high court to pass an appropriate order - necessitating the formation of the full bench.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- IndiGo flight hits turbulence due to slogans hailing ISIS – Find shocking details here
- Facebook video row: 'Made no mistake,' says Bhagwant Mann in 5-page letter to parliamentary panel
- 'Lights Out' sequel in works
- Damn funny! This is how every rich girl in the world is like—Watch video
- West Indies vs India: We need to work hard to make series even, says Phil Simmons