Full bench upholds prison sentence against lawyer in Jharkhand
Ranchi: A full bench of Jharkhand High Court on Tuesday upheld a lower court`s jail sentence against a lawyer in a contempt case eight years ago.
The bench, comprising Justices R R Prasad, Prasant Kumar, H C Mishra, D N Upadhaya and Aparesh Kumar Singh, confirmed a Giridih court`s judgement sentencing Kamal Kishore Jha, an advocate at the Giridih court, to six months` imprisonment.
The full bench also directed the Bar Council to cancel Jha`s license.
The Additional District Judge, Giridih, had in 2006 passed the verdict against Jha for abusing the court and the magistrate of Giridih before the high court confirmed the sentence after Kamal had moved it.
Kamal also appealed against the sentence in the Supreme Court which dismissed it and asked the high court to pass an appropriate order - necessitating the formation of the full bench.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part II
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part III
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part IV
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- BSF training Narayani Sena, private army of erstwhile Maharaja of Coochbehar, says TMC
- Dhaka attack suspect sent to 16-day judicial remand
- Exercise maximum possible restraint while dealing with mob: Army Chief to security forces
- Anti-pollution campaign bags global environment award
- Duleep Trophy: Floodlight malfunction grabs more attention than Pink ball