Full bench upholds prison sentence against lawyer in Jharkhand
Ranchi: A full bench of Jharkhand High Court on Tuesday upheld a lower court`s jail sentence against a lawyer in a contempt case eight years ago.
The bench, comprising Justices R R Prasad, Prasant Kumar, H C Mishra, D N Upadhaya and Aparesh Kumar Singh, confirmed a Giridih court`s judgement sentencing Kamal Kishore Jha, an advocate at the Giridih court, to six months` imprisonment.
The full bench also directed the Bar Council to cancel Jha`s license.
The Additional District Judge, Giridih, had in 2006 passed the verdict against Jha for abusing the court and the magistrate of Giridih before the high court confirmed the sentence after Kamal had moved it.
Kamal also appealed against the sentence in the Supreme Court which dismissed it and asked the high court to pass an appropriate order - necessitating the formation of the full bench.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan