Full bench upholds prison sentence against lawyer in Jharkhand
Ranchi: A full bench of Jharkhand High Court on Tuesday upheld a lower court`s jail sentence against a lawyer in a contempt case eight years ago.
The bench, comprising Justices R R Prasad, Prasant Kumar, H C Mishra, D N Upadhaya and Aparesh Kumar Singh, confirmed a Giridih court`s judgement sentencing Kamal Kishore Jha, an advocate at the Giridih court, to six months` imprisonment.
The full bench also directed the Bar Council to cancel Jha`s license.
The Additional District Judge, Giridih, had in 2006 passed the verdict against Jha for abusing the court and the magistrate of Giridih before the high court confirmed the sentence after Kamal had moved it.
Kamal also appealed against the sentence in the Supreme Court which dismissed it and asked the high court to pass an appropriate order - necessitating the formation of the full bench.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Watch: Hafiz Saeed warns India of more terror attacks
- DNA: Army declares all soldiers in Siachen avalanche dead
- DNA: Indian Navy set to conduct International Fleet Review 2016
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Ahead of 'Kashmir Solidarity Day', Hafiz Saeed's JuD releases controversial video featuring Pakistani Army chief
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Ten Army soldiers missing in Siachen avalanche presumed dead; PM Modi 'salutes' martyrs
- VIDEO: Ambidextrous Sri Lankan Kamindu Mendis bowling with both hands
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review