Gadkari criticises Congress over Telangana issue
Mumbai: BJP national president Nitin Gadkari
on Saturday criticised Congress for its way of handling the
situation in Andhra Pradesh.
"Congress is unable to handle the situation in Andhra
Pradesh and has set the whole state on fire," Gadkari said
here on his first visit to the city after taking charge of the
On the question of separate Vidarbha, Gadkari said "We
are in favour of small states. Atal Biharijee successfully
carved Jharkhand, Uttarakhand and Chhattisgarh. But Congress
has failed to handle issue of separate Telangana."
Gadkari sought to boost the morale of the party activists
by saying that they are the real strength of the party and he
also started his political career as a small party worker.
"It is possible only in a party like BJP that a small
worker has become the national President. Therefore, I would
not forget the state from where I started my career," said
Gadkari, who hails from Nagpur.
In the backdrop of the BJP`s defeat in Lok Sabha and
Maharashtra Assembly polls, Gadkari remarked that a man is not
finished when he loses, but when he quits.
The 52-year-old former Minister assured the activists to
increase the party votes by 10 per cent in next polls and
focus on poor people in the society.
BJP MP Gopinath Munde, who has been recently given charge
of Deputy Leader of the party in Lok Sabha, said his
responsibility is to prepare the party for polls in 2014.
Munde, rubbished the charges that BJP has weakened after
defeat in Lok Sabha and Maharashtra Assembly. "BJP is not weak
but we have 117 MPs in the Parliament and ruling in eight
states," he said.
Both the leaders were welcomed by the party activists in
a huge function held here in the party office in south Mumbai.
Gadkari would also be meeting ally Shiv Sena chief Bal
Thackeray at latter`s residence Matoshree in suburban Bandra
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof