Geeta Koda, the youngest MLA in Jharkhand assembly
Ranchi: Geeta Koda, the wife of former Chief
Minister Madhu Koda is not only a first time MLA but is also
the youngest legislator in the Jharkhand assembly.
The 26-year-old Geeta, who won from Jagannathpur seat
by a whopping 25,000 votes is the youngest among all the
81-MLAs in the Jharkhand Assembly.
Geeta`s husband Madhu Koda in 2006 had become the
youngest chief minister of Jharkhand at the age of 34.
After Geeta, the second youngest MLA in the House is Amit
Yadav of the BJP, who won from Barkatha. Amit is just an year
older than Geeta.
The third youngest MLA in the Jharkhand assembly is
Jaiprakash Singh Bhokta of the Jharkhand Vikash Morcha
(Prajatantrik), who won from Simariya. Bhokta is 29 years
Giving him company in the age bracket is Sita Soren, the
daughter-in-law of JMM strongman Shibu Soren and widow of
Durga Soren, who is one year older. Sita won from Jama seat.
Sita`s brother-in-law and Soren`s youngest son Hemant is
just 33. Hemant, a Rajya Sabhha member, won the recent
assembly election from Dumka seat, where he trounced former
deputy chief minister Stephen Marandi of the Congress.
Another young MLA is the AJSU President Sudesh Kumar
Mahto, who was re-elected from the Sill seat. Mahto is 35, but
he had served as the Home minister in the Arjun Munda
The other newly elected MLAs, who are in their 30s are
Sudha Chowdhury (32) who won from Chhatarpur, Arup Chatterjee
(35) of the Marxist Coordination, who won from Nirsa, Dullu
Mahto (34) who won from Baghmara, Saurabh Narayan Singh (34)
from Hazaribagh, Ramchandra Sahis (34) from Jugsalai seat and
Banna Gupta (36) from Hazaribagh West. Gupta had trounced BJP
heavyweight Saryu Rai.
Those in the late 30s are - Chamra Linda (39) from
Bishunpur, K N Tripathi (38) from Daltonganj and Anant Pratap
Deo (39) from Bhavnathpur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Meanwhile, Russian forces arrive in Pakistan for `Friendship 2016` joint military drill