Girl burnt alive by lover in Jharkhand
Ranchi: A girl was burnt alive by her lover in Jharkhand`s coal city Dhanbad, police said on Friday, adding the assailant had been arrested.
Ajay Bawari, 42, allegedly tied Mukhani Bhuiya to a cot, poured kerosene and burnt her alive.
According to police, Mukhani, a widow, and Ajay were in love for the past four years. Both were living in Sendra village of Dhanbad district, around 240 km from Ranchi.
According to neighbours, both were heard quarrelling on Thursday evening.
Mukhani was rushed to Patliputra Medical College and Hospital, Dhanbad, where she succumbed to her injuries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore