Girl burnt alive by lover in Jharkhand
Ranchi: A girl was burnt alive by her lover in Jharkhand`s coal city Dhanbad, police said on Friday, adding the assailant had been arrested.
Ajay Bawari, 42, allegedly tied Mukhani Bhuiya to a cot, poured kerosene and burnt her alive.
According to police, Mukhani, a widow, and Ajay were in love for the past four years. Both were living in Sendra village of Dhanbad district, around 240 km from Ranchi.
According to neighbours, both were heard quarrelling on Thursday evening.
Mukhani was rushed to Patliputra Medical College and Hospital, Dhanbad, where she succumbed to her injuries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Analysing the murder mystery of Sheena Bora case- Part II
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack