Girl raped and killed in Jharkhand
Jamshedpur: A 16-year-old girl was raped and killed in Fazulugora under Chandil police station in Jharkhand`s Saraikela-Kharswan district.
The girl had gone out last evening and when she did not return till late in the night, family members began a search and found her body in a bush a little distance from home, officer-in-charge of Chandil police station, KN Mishra said today.
Prima facie, he said, it appeared that the victim was raped and strangled.
The police suspected that the crime was committed by someone known to her, Mishra said.
No arrest was reported.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India