Girl set afire by youth dies, accused arrested
Ranchi: A girl allegedly set on fire by a youth in Jharkhand`s Dhanbad district died during treatment in a Bokaro hospital on Tuesday night. The accused was arrested on Wednesday, police said.
Aadam, in love with Hasina, 19, for the past few years, was angry as her marriage was fixed with someone else.
On Tuesday afternoon, Aadam reached Hasina`s house at Barari Coke village in Dhanbad district, around 240 km from Ranchi. He allegedly first thrashed her and later set her on fire after pouring kerosene on her body.
Aadam had wanted Hasina to marry him but set her on fire when the girl refused his proposal.
Hasina was rushed to the Bokaro general hospital for treatment. In the meantime, the accused managed to escape from the spot.
Police said Aadam and his father were arrested on Wednesday.
According to the police, Hasina, in her dying statement, alleged that Aadam`s father was also involved in the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan? - Part IV
- Exclusive: Home Minister Rajnath Singh in conversation with Sudhir Chaudhary
- Exclusive: Home Minister Rajnath Singh in conversation with Sudhir Chaudhary - Part II
- Exclusive: Home Minister Rajnath Singh in conversation with Sudhir Chaudhary - Part III
- Exclusive: Home Minister Rajnath Singh in conversation with Sudhir Chaudhary - Part IV
- Woman delivers in Delhi Police PCR van, both mother and child safe
- IPL 2016 Final: SunRisers Hyderabad defeat Royal Challengers Bangalore by 8 runs to win maiden title
- Coal auction to get Rs 3.45 lakh crore; Rs 36k crore saving via DBT: Government
- Hardik Patel calls for stir against donations to schools, colleges in Gujarat
- Perez grabs 3rd spot, gives Force India 4th ever podium finish