Girl set afire by youth dies, accused arrested
Ranchi: A girl allegedly set on fire by a youth in Jharkhand`s Dhanbad district died during treatment in a Bokaro hospital on Tuesday night. The accused was arrested on Wednesday, police said.
Aadam, in love with Hasina, 19, for the past few years, was angry as her marriage was fixed with someone else.
On Tuesday afternoon, Aadam reached Hasina`s house at Barari Coke village in Dhanbad district, around 240 km from Ranchi. He allegedly first thrashed her and later set her on fire after pouring kerosene on her body.
Aadam had wanted Hasina to marry him but set her on fire when the girl refused his proposal.
Hasina was rushed to the Bokaro general hospital for treatment. In the meantime, the accused managed to escape from the spot.
Police said Aadam and his father were arrested on Wednesday.
According to the police, Hasina, in her dying statement, alleged that Aadam`s father was also involved in the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?