Gita Koda asks govt why hospital project in Chaibasa put off
Ranchi: Former Jharkhand chief minister Madhu Koda`s MLA wife Gita Koda on Friday sought to know why the Arjun Munda-led government postponed setting up a hospital in Chaibasa and cleared a new project in Kharsawan despite the erstwhile Koda cabinet passed the proposal for Chaibasa.
Raising the issue in the Question Hour in the assembly, Gita Koda said it was wrong to postpone Chaibasa hospital project when the then cabinet in 2008 had passed it for Chaibasa.
Backed by a couple of ruling BJP MLAs and the opposition as well, Gita Koda demanded that let there be two
hospitals in Kharsawan and Chaibasa, which was supported by senior BJP leader and former deputy chief minister Raghuvar Das.
Health Minister Hemlal Murmu said the government had just put off, and not shelved, the Chaibasa hospital project, which was cleared during the erstwhile Koda regime.
Not satisfied with the reply, Gita Koda walked into the well raising her demand.
Madhu Koda represents the Lok Sabha from Singhbhum, whose headquarters town is Chaibasa, while Munda recently won the Kharsawan assembly seat for the fourth time.
Assembly Speaker CP Singh referred the matter to a house committee for question and calling attention.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- This is how billionaire Richard Branson looks after cheating death in a violent high-speed bike crash
- West Bengal hospital fire: Three killed, 50 children injured; Rs 2 lakh ex-gratia announced
- Astronomers find a 'dark' Milky Way
- Watch: 'Kumkum Bhagya' Episode 654—Abhi visits Pragya's place and meets her family!
- Fire kills at least 16 in Moscow printing works