Go ahead for chargesheet against Prakash Jha
Bettiah (Bihar): The Jharkhand police on Wednesday
gave a go-ahead to filing of chargesheet against filmmaker
Prakash Jha and 38 others in a case relating to violation of
Model Code of Conduct for polls in Bihar`s West Champaran
"In course of supervision, I found charges levelled
against Jha in the case true. I have ordered the investigating
officer Ashok Kumar Sinha to file the chargesheet against the
film-maker and 38 others," police superintendent K S Anupam
said over phone today.
"The chargesheet will be filed under relevant sections
of the Representation of People`s Act and Indian Penal Code,"
Jha and others have been charged with keeping Rs 10.20
lakh, which was recovered from his private guest house in
Bettiah, for distribution to influence voters, Anupam said.
The SP said the then sub-divisional officer Rajiv Verma
had registered an FIR against Jha soon after seizure of the
amount from his guest house at the time of last Lok Sabha
polls on April 29, 2009.
Jha had unsuccessfully contested the Lok Sabha polls from
West Champaran on LJP ticket.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Lalu Prasad Yadav calls PM Modi ''Kans'', BJP ''Bharat Jalao Party''
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed