Go ahead for chargesheet against Prakash Jha
Bettiah (Bihar): The Jharkhand police on Wednesday
gave a go-ahead to filing of chargesheet against filmmaker
Prakash Jha and 38 others in a case relating to violation of
Model Code of Conduct for polls in Bihar`s West Champaran
"In course of supervision, I found charges levelled
against Jha in the case true. I have ordered the investigating
officer Ashok Kumar Sinha to file the chargesheet against the
film-maker and 38 others," police superintendent K S Anupam
said over phone today.
"The chargesheet will be filed under relevant sections
of the Representation of People`s Act and Indian Penal Code,"
Jha and others have been charged with keeping Rs 10.20
lakh, which was recovered from his private guest house in
Bettiah, for distribution to influence voters, Anupam said.
The SP said the then sub-divisional officer Rajiv Verma
had registered an FIR against Jha soon after seizure of the
amount from his guest house at the time of last Lok Sabha
polls on April 29, 2009.
Jha had unsuccessfully contested the Lok Sabha polls from
West Champaran on LJP ticket.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Wimbledon 2015: Sania Mirza, Rohan Bopanna through to quarters, Paes' campaign ends