Goods train derails, rail movement hit in Barkakhana-Garwah section
Jharkhand: A goods train derailed between Demo and Pichuguta stations on
Barkakhana-Garwah section of East Central Railway on Friday, disrupting rail traffic movement in the section.
Twenty-eight wagons of the goods train, laden with coal belonging to BCCL, jumped off the tracks in the UP line, ECR sources said adding that several passengers trains had to
be run along diverted route as a result.
The diverted trains included 8101 and 8102 Tata-Jammu Tawi and Jammu Tawi-Tata Express, running through Gomo-Bokaro route. While the exact cause of derailment in the area, where Maoists were active in pockets, could not be ascertained, the possibility of removal of pandrol clips could not be ruled out, the sources said.
There was no report of injury or casualty. Work was on to clear the track but it was unlikely the rail services will be restored till tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- Superstar Shah Rukh Khan's CPL franchise is now Trinbago Knight Riders
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf