Goods train derails, rail movement hit in Barkakhana-Garwah section
Jharkhand: A goods train derailed between Demo and Pichuguta stations on
Barkakhana-Garwah section of East Central Railway on Friday, disrupting rail traffic movement in the section.
Twenty-eight wagons of the goods train, laden with coal belonging to BCCL, jumped off the tracks in the UP line, ECR sources said adding that several passengers trains had to
be run along diverted route as a result.
The diverted trains included 8101 and 8102 Tata-Jammu Tawi and Jammu Tawi-Tata Express, running through Gomo-Bokaro route. While the exact cause of derailment in the area, where Maoists were active in pockets, could not be ascertained, the possibility of removal of pandrol clips could not be ruled out, the sources said.
There was no report of injury or casualty. Work was on to clear the track but it was unlikely the rail services will be restored till tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note