Government teacher kidnapped in Palamau
Medininagar : A government school teacher was kidnapped by unknown armed men, having claimed to be Maoists, in Palamau district`s Gaveiah village, police said on Monday.
52-year-old Gouri Shankar Ram of Manatu Middle School was watching a cricket match on television last night when four armed men barged into his house and took him away, they said.
His wife Kaushalia Devi informed the police after she got a phone call from the abductors, who introduced themselves as Maoists, and demanded Rs 20 lakh for his release.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why