Government teacher kidnapped in Palamau
Medininagar : A government school teacher was kidnapped by unknown armed men, having claimed to be Maoists, in Palamau district`s Gaveiah village, police said on Monday.
52-year-old Gouri Shankar Ram of Manatu Middle School was watching a cricket match on television last night when four armed men barged into his house and took him away, they said.
His wife Kaushalia Devi informed the police after she got a phone call from the abductors, who introduced themselves as Maoists, and demanded Rs 20 lakh for his release.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city