Government teacher kidnapped in Palamau
Medininagar : A government school teacher was kidnapped by unknown armed men, having claimed to be Maoists, in Palamau district`s Gaveiah village, police said on Monday.
52-year-old Gouri Shankar Ram of Manatu Middle School was watching a cricket match on television last night when four armed men barged into his house and took him away, they said.
His wife Kaushalia Devi informed the police after she got a phone call from the abductors, who introduced themselves as Maoists, and demanded Rs 20 lakh for his release.
- DNA: When will Muslim women get freedom from triple divorce?
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- West Bengal goes for fifth phase of polling on Saturday
- Tajikistan bans Russian-style surnames for children
- S&P keeps UK on triple-A rating, says expects no Brexit
- Google Translate turns 10: Five interesting things you want to know about it
- IPL 2016: Rising Pune Supergiants fail yet again as Gujarat Lions continue strong run in maiden season