Governor unhappy at poor work culture, untidy offi
Ranchi: Jharkhand Governor Syed Ahmed has expressed his disappointment at the poor work culture and untidy upkeep of government offices in the rural areas in Jharkhand, now under central rule.
Making a surprise visit to Ratu Block office, Ratu Police Station, Circle Office, health centre and other offices in the Ratu block of Ranchi district yesterday, Ahmed found some officials absent and expressed displeasure at the untidiness of the premises, a Raj Bhavan communique said here.
"What does it reflect when officials don’t turn up till noon? Is this the work culture? The people sitting outside expect their grievances addressed to by the officials, who are not present," he asked.
Ahmed pointed to a loosely hung electric wire in one of the office rooms, dumped vehicles in the Ratu police station and leaving costly medical apparatus like scraps at a health centre.
Asking officials and employees to commit themselves to infusing better work culture in government offices, he directed action against the erring officials.
Accompanied by his Principal Secretary, the Governor sought attendance registrar at the Ratu block and checked it, directing the Ranchi deputy commissioner to take action against those absent without intimation.
When he went to the Ratu Police station, the Governor found the in-charge missing, but the police officer arrived later.
Queried by Ahmed on his delay, the police officer said he was going to the court and came back after getting information that the Governor was in the police station.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...