Govt has initiated steps for implementation of Wage board: Jharkhand CM
Jamshedpur: Jharkhand Chief Minister Hemant Soren on Thursday said his government has initiated steps to ensure that the Majithia Wage Board for Journalists was implemented in the state.
Inter-acting with the media persons of Kolhan division comprising East and West Singhbhum and Seraikela-Kharswan district soon after he launched accidental group insurance for the scribes of the state, Soren said the Labour department has already sent letters to all media houses seeking report whether the Wage Board was implemented or not.
"I will personally review the progress and take step accordingly," Soren said when journalists drew his attention that the Wage Board was yet to be implemented by the managements of various newspapers in the state.
Earlier, launching the group insurance to cover the accidental benefits for journalists, Soren said such scheme for journalist was launched for the first time in the state while describing it as a small step taken by the government.
Assuring that the government would convert the scheme into a comprehensive health insurance for the media persons, Soren said his government has plan to launch various welfare schemes like developing residential colony or allotment of land to benefit the scribes.
Responding a query about absence of grievance cell for women journalists In the state, Soren assured to set up such a cell soon and directed the concerned officials to look into it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- LeEco Le Max 2: Aiming to outshine rivals with powerful hardware, CDLA technology
- WATCH: How Lionel Messi missed crucial penalty kick in Copa America final against Chile
- When Varun Dhawan, John Abraham came to Jacqueline Fernandez's rescue—Full story inside
- Congress stalwart Sheila Dikhsit refuses to become CM face for 2017 UP elections
- Modi govt shortlists 4 candidates to succeed Raghuram Rajan as RBI Governor