‘Govt should not acquire agricultural land for industries’
Jamshedpur: Jharkhand Peoples’ Party (JPP) on Sunday strongly opposed any move to acquire agricultural land for industrial purpose even though it made clear that the party was not against Industrialization in the State.
Surya Singh Besra, president of JPP told reporters after a party meeting that we are not opposed to industrial growth in Jharkhand but it should not take place at the cost of villagers interest.
"We will oppose any move by the government to acquire agricultural land for industries," Besra, a former MLA said demanding that the government should cancel all the memorandum of understanding it has signed with prospective investors in the state.
Let the government acquire barren land and develop it for industrialization but will not allow industries to come up on agricultural land, Besra.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda
- Sheena Bora on Indrani Mukerjea in her diary: `I hate my mother...she is a witch`