Gunmen take away head after killing one in Ranchi
Ranchi: A person was beheaded after being shot dead at his residence at Ratu Bazar Tand in the Jharkhand capital in the wee hours on Tuesday, the police said here.
Four men barged into Vinod Rawani’s house around 1.00 am, shot him dead, chopped off his head and took it away with them, the sources said, adding Rawani’s family filed FIR against three persons.
According to the FIR filed with the Ratu police station, the family members woke up following the commotion but were scared at the sight of guns.
Rawani, who was a vendor of cosmetics, is survived by two wives and the police suspected family feud could be reason behind the incident.
A family member had on September 9 said to have warned Rawani to leave the place following a threat to his life, the police said.
The torso was recovered and sent for post mortem.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nawaz Sharif's dream of making Kashmir a terror hell will never come true, says Sushma Swaraj
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- 80 killed, over 200 injured in twin suicide bomb attacks on Kabul protesters; Islamic State claims responsibility
- MUST WATCH: One to be treasured! Virat Kohli's 200 and Sunil Gavaskar's generous applause
- SCOPE for accountability check of NGOs getting funds from PSUs
- Govt to invest Rs 200 crore on scaling up existing incubators
- MUST WATCH VIDEO FOR ALL CRICKET FANS: When Rahul Dravid found himself stranded against XI South Africans