Gunmen take away head after killing one in Ranchi
Ranchi: A person was beheaded after being shot dead at his residence at Ratu Bazar Tand in the Jharkhand capital in the wee hours on Tuesday, the police said here.
Four men barged into Vinod Rawani’s house around 1.00 am, shot him dead, chopped off his head and took it away with them, the sources said, adding Rawani’s family filed FIR against three persons.
According to the FIR filed with the Ratu police station, the family members woke up following the commotion but were scared at the sight of guns.
Rawani, who was a vendor of cosmetics, is survived by two wives and the police suspected family feud could be reason behind the incident.
A family member had on September 9 said to have warned Rawani to leave the place following a threat to his life, the police said.
The torso was recovered and sent for post mortem.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder
- 'Indo-US logistic pact is not agreement to set up bases'
- Defiant Rousseff says Brazil's democracy on trial with her
- Small group holding majority to ransom: Manohar Parrikar on Kashmir
- Alphabet executive steps down from Uber board amid growing competition
- Facebook CEO says group will not become a media company