Gunmen take away head after killing one in Ranchi
Ranchi: A person was beheaded after being shot dead at his residence at Ratu Bazar Tand in the Jharkhand capital in the wee hours on Tuesday, the police said here.
Four men barged into Vinod Rawani’s house around 1.00 am, shot him dead, chopped off his head and took it away with them, the sources said, adding Rawani’s family filed FIR against three persons.
According to the FIR filed with the Ratu police station, the family members woke up following the commotion but were scared at the sight of guns.
Rawani, who was a vendor of cosmetics, is survived by two wives and the police suspected family feud could be reason behind the incident.
A family member had on September 9 said to have warned Rawani to leave the place following a threat to his life, the police said.
The torso was recovered and sent for post mortem.
- Assembly polls 2016: Arch political rivals PM Narendra Modi, Sonia Gandhi soon to hit Kerala
- Several radical mosques under surveillance: German intelligence head
- NEET exemption row: Supreme Court to hear fresh plea regarding MBBS, BDS entrance test today
- Prisoners revolt in Syria's Hama jail, seize guards - Syrian Observatory
- Spain misses deadline for new government, June election set