Gunmen take away head after killing one in Ranchi
Ranchi: A person was beheaded after being shot dead at his residence at Ratu Bazar Tand in the Jharkhand capital in the wee hours on Tuesday, the police said here.
Four men barged into Vinod Rawani’s house around 1.00 am, shot him dead, chopped off his head and took it away with them, the sources said, adding Rawani’s family filed FIR against three persons.
According to the FIR filed with the Ratu police station, the family members woke up following the commotion but were scared at the sight of guns.
Rawani, who was a vendor of cosmetics, is survived by two wives and the police suspected family feud could be reason behind the incident.
A family member had on September 9 said to have warned Rawani to leave the place following a threat to his life, the police said.
The torso was recovered and sent for post mortem.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley