Guv urged to scrap `Munda cabinet` recommendation
Ranchi: The Congress Thursday urged Jharkhand Governor Syed Ahmed to scrap the Arjun Munda Cabinet?s January 8 recommendation for dissolving the state assembly as it was a decision taken by his "minority cabinet".
"I met the Governor and informed him that he was constitutionally not bound to accept the recommendation of House dissolution taken by a minority government," Jharkhand PCC Chief Pradeep Kumar Balmachu told reporters at the Raj Bhavan after calling on Ahmed.
"I also requested him to scrap all the decisions taken by the ?minority cabinet?, including the recommendation to dissolve the state assembly," the Rajya Sabha member said.
Balmachu said he had informed the governor that he could meet any number of political parties, "but should not come under any pressure, and should do as per the constitutional norms?
Asked whether the Congress would form a government in alliance with the JMM, he said the JMM leaders were in a dialogue with senior Congress leaders in Delhi and that he would join later in the day.
The BJP and the Jharkhand Vikas Morcha (Prajatantric) have already met the Governor and requested him to dissolve the house to pave way for a fresh mandate.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Meanwhile, Russian forces arrive in Pakistan for `Friendship 2016` joint military drill