Guv urged to scrap `Munda cabinet` recommendation
Ranchi: The Congress Thursday urged Jharkhand Governor Syed Ahmed to scrap the Arjun Munda Cabinet?s January 8 recommendation for dissolving the state assembly as it was a decision taken by his "minority cabinet".
"I met the Governor and informed him that he was constitutionally not bound to accept the recommendation of House dissolution taken by a minority government," Jharkhand PCC Chief Pradeep Kumar Balmachu told reporters at the Raj Bhavan after calling on Ahmed.
"I also requested him to scrap all the decisions taken by the ?minority cabinet?, including the recommendation to dissolve the state assembly," the Rajya Sabha member said.
Balmachu said he had informed the governor that he could meet any number of political parties, "but should not come under any pressure, and should do as per the constitutional norms?
Asked whether the Congress would form a government in alliance with the JMM, he said the JMM leaders were in a dialogue with senior Congress leaders in Delhi and that he would join later in the day.
The BJP and the Jharkhand Vikas Morcha (Prajatantric) have already met the Governor and requested him to dissolve the house to pave way for a fresh mandate.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Pakistan can inflict 'heavy losses' in war with India: Khawaja Muhammad Asif
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?