Handicapped woman raped, accused held
Hazaribagh: A physically handicapped married woman was allegedly raped at Padma, about 30 km from here, and one person has been arrested in connection with it, police said on Saturday.
"The accused, Ajit Kumar last evening raped the woman near Padma power station. He caught her when the victim was returning home after depositing her pension cheque in a bank," Superintendent of Police Manoj Kaushik told reporters here.
Alerted by the screams of the victim, local people rushed to the spot and caught Kumar and handed him over to the police, he added.
A case of rape has been lodged against the accused, and the victim was sent to a hospital for medical examination, the Superintendent of Police said.
The accused was produced before the court of the Chief Judicial Magistrate, Hazaribagh, which remanded him to judicial custody.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- December 16 gang-rape convict attempts suicide – Read Nirbhaya parents' response
- 1st ODI: Azhar Ali's 82 goes in vain as Jason Roy guides England to 44-run win over Pakistan
- Janmashtami: Watch Dahi-Handi celebrations from Mumbai
- Vietnam scientists spot rare endangered primates
- David Warner named Australia captain as Steve Smith heads home to rest ahead of hectic home schedule