Hardcore Maoist arrested from Jharkhand’s Latehar district
Latehar: The Jharkhand Police have arrested a hardcore Maoist from the Kendwahi village of Latehar district of the state.
A team of policemen conducted raid on Sunday (March 03) in the Kendwahi village after they came to know that the Maoists were camping in the village and were plotting to create trouble in the area.
When the police team arrived, the militants tried to flee but one of them, Prem Oraon, was caught while the two others managed to escape.
Three country-made guns were recovered from the militants.
“On seeing the police, the Maoists tried to escape. One of them, Prem Oraon, has been caught. Two others escaped but left their weapons behind. All weapons are country made guns and they have been confiscated. One of the guns, however, exploded due to gunpowder in it, due to which our ASI (Assistant Superintendent of Police) has suffered injury,” said Alok Srivastava, the Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP).
Srivastava also added here that Oraon would be questioned by the police and the other Maoists would soon be arrested after gathering information about them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Porn survey: Delhi no 1; 'animal porn' in Pune