Hardcore Maoist arrested in Jharkhand
Jamshedpur: A wanted hardcore Maoist,
Sukhendu Munda alias Ranjit Munda has been arrested from
Tasrisol Jungle under Shyamsunderpur police station in
Naxal-hit Ghatsila in Jharkhand.
The 21-year-old Munda was arrested yesterday following
a tip-off, Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP), Akhilesh
Kumar Jha told a press conference here on Tuesday.
Jha said five cases under various Sections of IPC and the
Arms Act and Crime Control Act were pending against Munda
under Dalbhumgarh and Gorabandha police stations of the
Jha said, Munda actively took part in blowing up an
anti-landmine vehicle which resulted in the death of a police
sub-inspector Ramjatan Baitha on November 20, last year.
Munda, a member of the Gorabhanda squad, also played a
key role in blowing up rail track near Dalbhumgarh Station
during a bandh called by the Maoists and blew up a pylon of
the state electricity board in March, the SSP said.
A loaded country-made pistol, Naxal literature and
posters were seized from him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- One year of Modi govt: PM Modi addresses mega rally in Mathura Part-II
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- CBSE 10th Results 2015 to be declared on May 27
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE Class X Board Results 2015 to declared tomorrow
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow