Hardcore Maoist arrested in Jharkhand
Jamshedpur: A wanted hardcore Maoist,
Sukhendu Munda alias Ranjit Munda has been arrested from
Tasrisol Jungle under Shyamsunderpur police station in
Naxal-hit Ghatsila in Jharkhand.
The 21-year-old Munda was arrested yesterday following
a tip-off, Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP), Akhilesh
Kumar Jha told a press conference here on Tuesday.
Jha said five cases under various Sections of IPC and the
Arms Act and Crime Control Act were pending against Munda
under Dalbhumgarh and Gorabandha police stations of the
Jha said, Munda actively took part in blowing up an
anti-landmine vehicle which resulted in the death of a police
sub-inspector Ramjatan Baitha on November 20, last year.
Munda, a member of the Gorabhanda squad, also played a
key role in blowing up rail track near Dalbhumgarh Station
during a bandh called by the Maoists and blew up a pylon of
the state electricity board in March, the SSP said.
A loaded country-made pistol, Naxal literature and
posters were seized from him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- It's time for Muslims to rise and protest against some Hindutva forces: Azam Khan
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!