Hardcore Maoist arrested in Ranchi
Ranchi: A Maoist area commander carrying Rs two lakh on his head was on Thursday arrested at Burhmu in Ranchi district and Rs 4.74 lakh cash recovered from his possession.
"Arjun Singh alias Babua Singh, Maoist area commander, has been arrested. Rs 4,74,000 levy (extortion) amount has been recovered from his possession," Senior Superintendent of Police Saket Kumar Singh said here.
Carrying a reward of Rs two lakh on his head, the SSP said the rebel was wanted in more than 24 Maoist-related cases.
The arrest was made following a tip-off.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohammad Kaif takes a subtle dig at Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad after he hit Air India official with slippers