Hardcore Maoist arrested in Ranchi
Ranchi: A Maoist area commander carrying Rs two lakh on his head was on Thursday arrested at Burhmu in Ranchi district and Rs 4.74 lakh cash recovered from his possession.
"Arjun Singh alias Babua Singh, Maoist area commander, has been arrested. Rs 4,74,000 levy (extortion) amount has been recovered from his possession," Senior Superintendent of Police Saket Kumar Singh said here.
Carrying a reward of Rs two lakh on his head, the SSP said the rebel was wanted in more than 24 Maoist-related cases.
The arrest was made following a tip-off.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahi Imam meets PM Modi, demands innocent Muslims must not be harassed in name of fighting ISIS
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni: I allow bowlers to set the field in T20 cricket
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital