Hardcore Maoist held in Hazaribagh village
Hazaribagh: A hardcore
Maoist, suspected to be involved in forcing rural youth in the
area to join armed struggle, has been arrested and two
firearms recovered by security forces in Bishnugarh area of
Superintendent of Police Pankaj Kamboj said a joint
force of CRPF and Jharkhand police arrested Pati Ram Manjhi
(40), a key associate of self-styled Maoist zonal commander
Navin Manjhi last night.
The arrested person, associated with the outfit for
the last 10 years, used to motivate the rural youth to join
the group and involved in imparting guerilla training to them,
Kamboj said. He has at least 30 criminal cases pending, the SP
The accused was believed to have taken the recruited
youth to Damodar and Konar riverside on borders of Giridih,
Bokaro and Hazaribagh districts for plotting encounter with
the police in past.
Besides two countrymade guns and Maoist literature, a
diary was found in his possession containing diagram to
planting Improvised Explosive Device (IED), Kamboj said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman