Hardcore Maoist held in Hazaribagh village
Hazaribagh: A hardcore
Maoist, suspected to be involved in forcing rural youth in the
area to join armed struggle, has been arrested and two
firearms recovered by security forces in Bishnugarh area of
Superintendent of Police Pankaj Kamboj said a joint
force of CRPF and Jharkhand police arrested Pati Ram Manjhi
(40), a key associate of self-styled Maoist zonal commander
Navin Manjhi last night.
The arrested person, associated with the outfit for
the last 10 years, used to motivate the rural youth to join
the group and involved in imparting guerilla training to them,
Kamboj said. He has at least 30 criminal cases pending, the SP
The accused was believed to have taken the recruited
youth to Damodar and Konar riverside on borders of Giridih,
Bokaro and Hazaribagh districts for plotting encounter with
the police in past.
Besides two countrymade guns and Maoist literature, a
diary was found in his possession containing diagram to
planting Improvised Explosive Device (IED), Kamboj said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what
- MP student proposes Congress VP Rahul Gandhi's name to Guinness Book for losing maximum elections