Hardcore Maoist held in Hazaribagh village
Hazaribagh: A hardcore
Maoist, suspected to be involved in forcing rural youth in the
area to join armed struggle, has been arrested and two
firearms recovered by security forces in Bishnugarh area of
Superintendent of Police Pankaj Kamboj said a joint
force of CRPF and Jharkhand police arrested Pati Ram Manjhi
(40), a key associate of self-styled Maoist zonal commander
Navin Manjhi last night.
The arrested person, associated with the outfit for
the last 10 years, used to motivate the rural youth to join
the group and involved in imparting guerilla training to them,
Kamboj said. He has at least 30 criminal cases pending, the SP
The accused was believed to have taken the recruited
youth to Damodar and Konar riverside on borders of Giridih,
Bokaro and Hazaribagh districts for plotting encounter with
the police in past.
Besides two countrymade guns and Maoist literature, a
diary was found in his possession containing diagram to
planting Improvised Explosive Device (IED), Kamboj said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Nuke-armed Pakistan can 'target' Delhi in 5 minutes, claims AQ Khan
- Gorilla shot dead after child falls into enclosure at Cincinnati Zoo!
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature?
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature? - Part II
- Suicide bombings in Baghdad: Over 20 killed, 50 injured in series of attacks
- Know why PM Narendra Modi is asking for your support for particular task - WATCH
- Nepali Congress halts House over ''budget leak''
- Here's what Yuvraj Singh said after his long wait for IPL trophy ended
- Meet 'Haryana ki Sherni' Anushka Sharma from 'Sultan'! See LATEST pic