Have details of Koda’s foreign bank accounts: BJP leader
Jamshedpur: A senior BJP leader, Saryu
Roy who has been demanding a CBI probe into the multi-crore
hawala scam in which former Jharkhand Madhu Koda is allegedly
involved, today claimed to have procured information on five
foreign banks where the money has been stashed.
Roy, a former MLA RPT former MLA claimed that the
money has been deposited in bank accounts in New York (USA),
Montreal (Canada) and Paris (France) through the hawal channel
from Ranchi, Delhi and Mumbai with the beneficiary being
Ecobank of Guinea, a tax haven.
Sanjay Choudhary, an accused in the scam now resided
in Dubai and was in close contact with hawala agents like
Manoj Punamia, Lalit Jain and others allegedly involved in the
scam, he told reporters here.
Punamia, who has procured anticipatory bail from the
Bombay High Court, was grilled by the Enforcement Directorate
in connection with the scam in Delhi yesterday.
Roy said the details of the bank accounts would be
handed over to the Jharkhand government and Director General
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- Sterling, stocks skid as Brexit result agonisingly close
- REVEALED: Anil Kumble's first message to India captains Mahendra Singh Dhoni, Virat Kohli after appointment
- 'Mirzya' trailer alert! Harshvardhan Kapoor spells enchanting cast in a splendid tale by Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra
- RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat to share dais with Leonardo DiCaprio in UK: Reports
- Oops! Salman Khan mocks Hollywood return Priyanka Chopra and Deepika Padukone, but WHY?