Have details of Koda’s foreign bank accounts: BJP leader
Jamshedpur: A senior BJP leader, Saryu
Roy who has been demanding a CBI probe into the multi-crore
hawala scam in which former Jharkhand Madhu Koda is allegedly
involved, today claimed to have procured information on five
foreign banks where the money has been stashed.
Roy, a former MLA RPT former MLA claimed that the
money has been deposited in bank accounts in New York (USA),
Montreal (Canada) and Paris (France) through the hawal channel
from Ranchi, Delhi and Mumbai with the beneficiary being
Ecobank of Guinea, a tax haven.
Sanjay Choudhary, an accused in the scam now resided
in Dubai and was in close contact with hawala agents like
Manoj Punamia, Lalit Jain and others allegedly involved in the
scam, he told reporters here.
Punamia, who has procured anticipatory bail from the
Bombay High Court, was grilled by the Enforcement Directorate
in connection with the scam in Delhi yesterday.
Roy said the details of the bank accounts would be
handed over to the Jharkhand government and Director General
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video