Have details of Koda’s foreign bank accounts: BJP leader
Jamshedpur: A senior BJP leader, Saryu
Roy who has been demanding a CBI probe into the multi-crore
hawala scam in which former Jharkhand Madhu Koda is allegedly
involved, today claimed to have procured information on five
foreign banks where the money has been stashed.
Roy, a former MLA RPT former MLA claimed that the
money has been deposited in bank accounts in New York (USA),
Montreal (Canada) and Paris (France) through the hawal channel
from Ranchi, Delhi and Mumbai with the beneficiary being
Ecobank of Guinea, a tax haven.
Sanjay Choudhary, an accused in the scam now resided
in Dubai and was in close contact with hawala agents like
Manoj Punamia, Lalit Jain and others allegedly involved in the
scam, he told reporters here.
Punamia, who has procured anticipatory bail from the
Bombay High Court, was grilled by the Enforcement Directorate
in connection with the scam in Delhi yesterday.
Roy said the details of the bank accounts would be
handed over to the Jharkhand government and Director General
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why