Hawala scam: Koda gives statement, denies charges by ED
Ranchi: Former Jharkhand chief minister
Madhu Koda, who was grilled by the Enforcement Directorate
here, has given a detailed written statement denying any
involvement in the multi-crore illegal investments and hawala
case registered against him.
According to jail sources, the Directorate had given to
Koda a questionnaire of over 100 queries that it had prepared
based on the investigations carried out by it over the last
three months and the statement of Koda`s aide Vikash Sinha.
They said the former chief minister, who is lodged in the
Birsa Munda Central jail here, has given a 28-page statement
to the ED and has denied his involvement in any wrong-doing.
The Directorate, which had sent a team from the national
capital, questioned the current Lok Sabha member about his
relations to other accused in the case like Vikash, Binod
Sinha and Sanjay Choudhary.
While Koda accepted he knew all the three, he is said to
have denied any knowledge of any of the financial transactions
carried out by them. Sources said he also denied investing in
a Mumbai-based bullion firm or having opened other front
He, however, has accepted that he had taken many foreign
trips, which he said was both work-related and private.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!