Hawala scam: Koda gives statement, denies charges by ED
Ranchi: Former Jharkhand chief minister
Madhu Koda, who was grilled by the Enforcement Directorate
here, has given a detailed written statement denying any
involvement in the multi-crore illegal investments and hawala
case registered against him.
According to jail sources, the Directorate had given to
Koda a questionnaire of over 100 queries that it had prepared
based on the investigations carried out by it over the last
three months and the statement of Koda`s aide Vikash Sinha.
They said the former chief minister, who is lodged in the
Birsa Munda Central jail here, has given a 28-page statement
to the ED and has denied his involvement in any wrong-doing.
The Directorate, which had sent a team from the national
capital, questioned the current Lok Sabha member about his
relations to other accused in the case like Vikash, Binod
Sinha and Sanjay Choudhary.
While Koda accepted he knew all the three, he is said to
have denied any knowledge of any of the financial transactions
carried out by them. Sources said he also denied investing in
a Mumbai-based bullion firm or having opened other front
He, however, has accepted that he had taken many foreign
trips, which he said was both work-related and private.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read