HC asks CBI to take over cash-for-vote case, pulls up VB
Ranchi: Pulling up vigilance bureau for slow investigation, Jharkhand High Court on Monday directed CBI to take over probe into cash-for-vote allegations linked to 2010 Rajya Sabha elections and also look into whether any vigilance official was hindering progress in the case.
Amid high drama, Additional Director General of Police (Vigilance) Neeraj Sinha appeared to have fainted in the packed court as as the division bench of Chief Justice P C Tatia and Justice Jaya Roy asked Vigilance Bureau to hand over the case to CBI.
A doctor checked Sinha and later he was discharged from the court.
Sinha along with Superintendent of Police (Vigilance) Raj Kumar Lakra was present in the court.
The vigilance department had filed FIR against six MLAs of different political parties after a TV channel showed a CD footage purportedly having voices of some MLAs soon after the 2010 Raj Sabha Elections was conducted to fill the vacant post of MPs from Jharkhand.
The CD had been seized and was sent to the Forensic Science Laboratory, Gujarat, to determine its genuineness.
Observing that the Vigilance Bureau failed to perform its duty, the bench asked the CBI to probe whether any official of the Vigilance Bureau was directly or indirectly involved in the case "to slow the probe or wash it away".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- LTCG tax concession for under construction property
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic