HC asks CBI to take over cash-for-vote case, pulls up VB
Ranchi: Pulling up vigilance bureau for slow investigation, Jharkhand High Court on Monday directed CBI to take over probe into cash-for-vote allegations linked to 2010 Rajya Sabha elections and also look into whether any vigilance official was hindering progress in the case.
Amid high drama, Additional Director General of Police (Vigilance) Neeraj Sinha appeared to have fainted in the packed court as as the division bench of Chief Justice P C Tatia and Justice Jaya Roy asked Vigilance Bureau to hand over the case to CBI.
A doctor checked Sinha and later he was discharged from the court.
Sinha along with Superintendent of Police (Vigilance) Raj Kumar Lakra was present in the court.
The vigilance department had filed FIR against six MLAs of different political parties after a TV channel showed a CD footage purportedly having voices of some MLAs soon after the 2010 Raj Sabha Elections was conducted to fill the vacant post of MPs from Jharkhand.
The CD had been seized and was sent to the Forensic Science Laboratory, Gujarat, to determine its genuineness.
Observing that the Vigilance Bureau failed to perform its duty, the bench asked the CBI to probe whether any official of the Vigilance Bureau was directly or indirectly involved in the case "to slow the probe or wash it away".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'