HC asks IIT to admit student with Hindi marksheet
Ranchi: The Jharkhand High Court Saturday asked the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) to admit a student who was earlier denied admission because his marksheet was in Hindi.
Single Judge bench of Justice DN Patel said Hindi was an official language under Article 343 of the Constitution, and the institute cannot deny any student the right to admission because his state issued marksheets in Hindi.
Tausif Raza, a native of Jharkhand, had cleared the IIT entrance this year, after which the premier institute had asked him to furnish his educational credentials in English.
- ‘Kaabil’ Hrithik Roshan’s first look out – Here it is
- Champions League: Real Madrid edge past Manchester City to set up all-Madrid final
- AgustaWestland chopper deal: ED to quiz former IAF chief SP Tyagi today
- Sushant Singh Rajput reveals why his ‘Pavitra Rishta’ with Ankita Lokhande ended
- IPL 2016: Shah Rukh Khan thinks his son AbRam could be a mystery fielder – Find out why