HC asks striking JSEB to restore power immediately
Ranchi: Jharkhand High Court Friday asked the state State Electricity Board (JSEB) to restore electricity immediately or face action.
Passing the directions after taking suo motu cognisance following the indefinite strike by JSEB employees, the division bench of Chief Justice PC Tatia and Justice Jaya Roy said severe action would be taken if the electricity was not restored within "ten minutes".
The bench termed the strike as illegal because no prior notice was given by the employees before going on the flash strike.
The court had yesterday issued notices to Chief Secretary S K Choudhary, JSEB Chairman S N Verma and to the representatives of the striking employees following disruption of power supply across the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday