HC asks striking JSEB to restore power immediately
Ranchi: Jharkhand High Court Friday asked the state State Electricity Board (JSEB) to restore electricity immediately or face action.
Passing the directions after taking suo motu cognisance following the indefinite strike by JSEB employees, the division bench of Chief Justice PC Tatia and Justice Jaya Roy said severe action would be taken if the electricity was not restored within "ten minutes".
The bench termed the strike as illegal because no prior notice was given by the employees before going on the flash strike.
The court had yesterday issued notices to Chief Secretary S K Choudhary, JSEB Chairman S N Verma and to the representatives of the striking employees following disruption of power supply across the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!