HC asks striking JSEB to restore power immediately
Ranchi: Jharkhand High Court Friday asked the state State Electricity Board (JSEB) to restore electricity immediately or face action.
Passing the directions after taking suo motu cognisance following the indefinite strike by JSEB employees, the division bench of Chief Justice PC Tatia and Justice Jaya Roy said severe action would be taken if the electricity was not restored within "ten minutes".
The bench termed the strike as illegal because no prior notice was given by the employees before going on the flash strike.
The court had yesterday issued notices to Chief Secretary S K Choudhary, JSEB Chairman S N Verma and to the representatives of the striking employees following disruption of power supply across the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- DNA: Will multi-level car parking system across India help reduce traffic jams?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city