HC asks striking JSEB to restore power immediately
Ranchi: Jharkhand High Court Friday asked the state State Electricity Board (JSEB) to restore electricity immediately or face action.
Passing the directions after taking suo motu cognisance following the indefinite strike by JSEB employees, the division bench of Chief Justice PC Tatia and Justice Jaya Roy said severe action would be taken if the electricity was not restored within "ten minutes".
The bench termed the strike as illegal because no prior notice was given by the employees before going on the flash strike.
The court had yesterday issued notices to Chief Secretary S K Choudhary, JSEB Chairman S N Verma and to the representatives of the striking employees following disruption of power supply across the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday