HC asks striking JSEB to restore power immediately
Ranchi: Jharkhand High Court Friday asked the state State Electricity Board (JSEB) to restore electricity immediately or face action.
Passing the directions after taking suo motu cognisance following the indefinite strike by JSEB employees, the division bench of Chief Justice PC Tatia and Justice Jaya Roy said severe action would be taken if the electricity was not restored within "ten minutes".
The bench termed the strike as illegal because no prior notice was given by the employees before going on the flash strike.
The court had yesterday issued notices to Chief Secretary S K Choudhary, JSEB Chairman S N Verma and to the representatives of the striking employees following disruption of power supply across the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Baba Ramdev's Patanjali enters big retail with Future Group tie-up
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?