HC bar association protests HR violations in J&K
Srinagar: The High Court Bar Association
today held a protest march here against what it called growing
human rights violations in the valley and asked Chief Minister
Omar Abdullah to step down owning moral responsibility for the
killing of innocent youths.
Slogan-shouting lawyers led by the President of the
Kashmir HC Bar Association Abdul Qayoom and General Secretary
G N Shaheen broke the police cordon outside the Sadder court
premises and marched on the streets including Lal Chowk and
Addressing the protesting lawyers, Qayoom held
NC-congress coalition government responsible for the killing
of innocent youth and school going children and demanded the
resignation of Chief Minister Omar Abdullah.
"Omar should take responsibility for the killings and step
down as Chief Minister of the state", he said.
"Omar Abdullah is directly responsible for the innocent
killings of Zahid Farooq, Wamiq Farooq, Tufail Ahmad Matoo,
Javid Ahmad Malla and rape and murder of 12th class student
Asiya and her sister-in-law Nelofar of Shopian. Omar must step
down," the association General Secretary G N Shaheen said.
Opposing the appointment of Ashiq Hussain Bukhari as
Srinagar`s SSP, he said it will lead to fresh genocide of the
"Appointment of Bukhari by so-called Chief Minister Omar
Abdullah is a declaration of fresh genocide of the youth," he
Shaheen also said India and Pakistan have no legal
authority to negotiate Kashmir waters.
"The indus water treaty between India and Pakistan is by
international standards an illegal treaty and water resources
of Jammu and Kashmir cannot be usurped by India and Pakistan
by any mutual understanding or agreement," Shaheen said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- Check mahresult.nic.in for Maharashtra HSC Result 2015 to be announced at 1 pm on May 27
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Bihar intermediate result 2015 (commerce) on biharboard.ac.in