HC bar association protests HR violations in J&K
Srinagar: The High Court Bar Association
today held a protest march here against what it called growing
human rights violations in the valley and asked Chief Minister
Omar Abdullah to step down owning moral responsibility for the
killing of innocent youths.
Slogan-shouting lawyers led by the President of the
Kashmir HC Bar Association Abdul Qayoom and General Secretary
G N Shaheen broke the police cordon outside the Sadder court
premises and marched on the streets including Lal Chowk and
Addressing the protesting lawyers, Qayoom held
NC-congress coalition government responsible for the killing
of innocent youth and school going children and demanded the
resignation of Chief Minister Omar Abdullah.
"Omar should take responsibility for the killings and step
down as Chief Minister of the state", he said.
"Omar Abdullah is directly responsible for the innocent
killings of Zahid Farooq, Wamiq Farooq, Tufail Ahmad Matoo,
Javid Ahmad Malla and rape and murder of 12th class student
Asiya and her sister-in-law Nelofar of Shopian. Omar must step
down," the association General Secretary G N Shaheen said.
Opposing the appointment of Ashiq Hussain Bukhari as
Srinagar`s SSP, he said it will lead to fresh genocide of the
"Appointment of Bukhari by so-called Chief Minister Omar
Abdullah is a declaration of fresh genocide of the youth," he
Shaheen also said India and Pakistan have no legal
authority to negotiate Kashmir waters.
"The indus water treaty between India and Pakistan is by
international standards an illegal treaty and water resources
of Jammu and Kashmir cannot be usurped by India and Pakistan
by any mutual understanding or agreement," Shaheen said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Watch: Hafiz Saeed warns India of more terror attacks
- DNA: Army declares all soldiers in Siachen avalanche dead
- DNA: Indian Navy set to conduct International Fleet Review 2016
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch