HC directs day-to-day hearing of fodder cases
Ranchi: Jharkhand High Court on Monday directed for a day-to-day hearing on fodder scam cases.
Pulling up the CBI for the tardy pace of hearing on important fodder scam cases, the division bench of Chief Justice Prakash Chandra Tatia and Justice Jaya Roy issued the directions for the day-to-day hearing.
The CBI, which placed a status report of the multi-crore fodder scam before the court, informed the bench that most of the accused were convicted and deposition of several witnesses in other cases were completed.
The probe agency, however, blamed witnesses of important cases not turning up, resulting in their delay.
The bench directed that there should be a day-to-day hearing of the fodder cases irrespective of presence of witnesses.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' release: I stand with Bollywood, why punish Pakistani artistes, says Digvijay Singh
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about