HC directs day-to-day hearing of fodder cases
Ranchi: Jharkhand High Court on Monday directed for a day-to-day hearing on fodder scam cases.
Pulling up the CBI for the tardy pace of hearing on important fodder scam cases, the division bench of Chief Justice Prakash Chandra Tatia and Justice Jaya Roy issued the directions for the day-to-day hearing.
The CBI, which placed a status report of the multi-crore fodder scam before the court, informed the bench that most of the accused were convicted and deposition of several witnesses in other cases were completed.
The probe agency, however, blamed witnesses of important cases not turning up, resulting in their delay.
The bench directed that there should be a day-to-day hearing of the fodder cases irrespective of presence of witnesses.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder
- China must recognise South China Sea ruling: Philippines
- New Zealand to keep trialling day-night first-class cricket
- Delhi sex racket busted: Girls confined in almirahs; forced to sleep with clients in cubicles
- SMASH HIT: Akshay Kumar's 'Rustom' is still ruling the Box Office! – Details inside
- Yogeshwar Dutt's Bronze to be upgraded to Silver: Virender Sehwag expresses excitement with HILARIOUS tweet