HC directs day-to-day hearing of fodder cases
Ranchi: Jharkhand High Court on Monday directed for a day-to-day hearing on fodder scam cases.
Pulling up the CBI for the tardy pace of hearing on important fodder scam cases, the division bench of Chief Justice Prakash Chandra Tatia and Justice Jaya Roy issued the directions for the day-to-day hearing.
The CBI, which placed a status report of the multi-crore fodder scam before the court, informed the bench that most of the accused were convicted and deposition of several witnesses in other cases were completed.
The probe agency, however, blamed witnesses of important cases not turning up, resulting in their delay.
The bench directed that there should be a day-to-day hearing of the fodder cases irrespective of presence of witnesses.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand