HC orders CBI probe into corruption charges against Koda
Ranchi: The Jharkhand High Court today
directed a CBI probe into corruption charges levelled against
former chief minister Madhu Koda, his former cabinet members
The bench of acting Chief Justice S K Harkouli and
Justice D N Patel issued the direction on a PIL filed by
social activist, Durga Oraon.
The petitioner urged the court to direct a CBI probe
into the assets of Koda and others as their wealth had
allegedly increased manifold after they assumed ministerial
charge in the state.
Former ministers Chandra Prakash Choudhary, Bandhu
Tirkey, Bhanu Pratap Sahi, Enos Ekka, Harinarayan Rai and
Koda`s absconding aides---Binod Sinha and Sanjay Choudhary
were also named in the PIL.
Koda, Ekka and Rai are at present in judicial custody
after the state vigilance bureau arrested them last year
in separate disproportionate assets cases.
Koda is already facing money laundering and illegal
investment charges filed by the Enforcement Directorate.
The Income Tax department is also investigating tax
evasion against Koda and his aides.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Pakistan can inflict 'heavy losses' in war with India: Khawaja Muhammad Asif
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical