HC orders CBI probe into corruption charges against Koda
Ranchi: The Jharkhand High Court today
directed a CBI probe into corruption charges levelled against
former chief minister Madhu Koda, his former cabinet members
The bench of acting Chief Justice S K Harkouli and
Justice D N Patel issued the direction on a PIL filed by
social activist, Durga Oraon.
The petitioner urged the court to direct a CBI probe
into the assets of Koda and others as their wealth had
allegedly increased manifold after they assumed ministerial
charge in the state.
Former ministers Chandra Prakash Choudhary, Bandhu
Tirkey, Bhanu Pratap Sahi, Enos Ekka, Harinarayan Rai and
Koda`s absconding aides---Binod Sinha and Sanjay Choudhary
were also named in the PIL.
Koda, Ekka and Rai are at present in judicial custody
after the state vigilance bureau arrested them last year
in separate disproportionate assets cases.
Koda is already facing money laundering and illegal
investment charges filed by the Enforcement Directorate.
The Income Tax department is also investigating tax
evasion against Koda and his aides.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says