HC orders CBI probe into corruption charges against Koda
Ranchi: The Jharkhand High Court today
directed a CBI probe into corruption charges levelled against
former chief minister Madhu Koda, his former cabinet members
The bench of acting Chief Justice S K Harkouli and
Justice D N Patel issued the direction on a PIL filed by
social activist, Durga Oraon.
The petitioner urged the court to direct a CBI probe
into the assets of Koda and others as their wealth had
allegedly increased manifold after they assumed ministerial
charge in the state.
Former ministers Chandra Prakash Choudhary, Bandhu
Tirkey, Bhanu Pratap Sahi, Enos Ekka, Harinarayan Rai and
Koda`s absconding aides---Binod Sinha and Sanjay Choudhary
were also named in the PIL.
Koda, Ekka and Rai are at present in judicial custody
after the state vigilance bureau arrested them last year
in separate disproportionate assets cases.
Koda is already facing money laundering and illegal
investment charges filed by the Enforcement Directorate.
The Income Tax department is also investigating tax
evasion against Koda and his aides.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!