HC orders registration of case against VCs of Pantnagar Univ
Nainital: Uttarakhand High Court has ordered
the police to register a case against the current and former
Vice Chancellors of GB Pant University of Agriculture and
Technology for allegedly misappropriating funds.
Single-member bench of Chief Justice Barin Ghosh
yesterday ordered the Udham Singh Nagar Senior Superintendent
of Police to register a case against Vice Chancellor of
Pantnagar varsity Prof BS Bist, his predecessor Prof PL
Gautam, former and current Financial Controllers and three
contractors supplying labourers to the varsity, said Ranjan
Kumar Joshi, the petitioner in the case.
Joshi moved to High Court after the district police
refused to act on his complaint.
Joshi has alleged that VCs and Financial Controllers
awarded contract of supplying labourers to three contractors
in violation of norms of the varsity and misappropriated funds
worth lakhs of rupees.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference