HC orders registration of case against VCs of Pantnagar Univ
Nainital: Uttarakhand High Court has ordered
the police to register a case against the current and former
Vice Chancellors of GB Pant University of Agriculture and
Technology for allegedly misappropriating funds.
Single-member bench of Chief Justice Barin Ghosh
yesterday ordered the Udham Singh Nagar Senior Superintendent
of Police to register a case against Vice Chancellor of
Pantnagar varsity Prof BS Bist, his predecessor Prof PL
Gautam, former and current Financial Controllers and three
contractors supplying labourers to the varsity, said Ranjan
Kumar Joshi, the petitioner in the case.
Joshi moved to High Court after the district police
refused to act on his complaint.
Joshi has alleged that VCs and Financial Controllers
awarded contract of supplying labourers to three contractors
in violation of norms of the varsity and misappropriated funds
worth lakhs of rupees.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Will multi-level car parking system across India help reduce traffic jams?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Jallikattu protests continue in Tamil Nadu, sea of protesters camp on Marina beach