HC rejects bail petition of Koda aide
Ranchi: Jharkhand High Court Monday rejected the bail petition of Vijay Joshi, one of the seven alleged aides of former Chief Minister Madhu Koda facing charges of money laundering.
Justice H C Mishra rejected the petition of Joshi, who has been in judicial custody from March 2011 after being arrested from Kolkata.
Joshi was charged with routing ill-gotten money of Rs 169.92 crore through Hawala between 2006 and 2008 when Koda was the chief minister of Jharkhand.
The special court had on September 25 this year framed charges against Koda, Joshi, Binod Sinha, Vikash Sinha, Arvind Vyas and Manoj K B Punamia.
While the seventh accused, Anil Adinath Vastavade, is facing an NBW, Vyas on September 14 had obtained bail from the high court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!