HC serves notice to govt, striking JSEB employees
Ranchi: The Jharkhand High Court on Thursday served notices to the state government and the striking employees of Jharkhand State Electricity Board (JSEB) following disruption of power supply across the state.
Taking suo motu cognisance of media reports on JSEB employees` strike, a division bench of Chief Justice PC Tatia and Justice Jaya Roy issued notices to Chief Secretary SK Choudhary, JSEB chairman SN Verma and to representatives of the striking employees.
The bench summoned them all on Friday for hearing in the case.
The employees have gone on a flash strike since yesterday protesting against JSEB signing MoU with Tata Power and CESC giving them franchisee in power distribution system in Jamshedpur and Ranchi respectively.
The government has evoked Essential Services Maintenance Act following the stir.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Sunil Grover responds to Kapil Sharma’s ‘sorry’ tweet, says ‘don’t act like a God’
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what