HC takes cognizance of report of ragging at School
Ranchi: Jharkhand High Court on monday
directed the education department to probe into charges of
ragging at Sainik School, Tillaiya in Kodarma distirct.
Taking suo motu cognizance of a newspaper report with
photographs, Chief Justice Prakash Tatia and Justice P P Bhatt
asked the Director of education department to enquire into the
matter and submit report to the court.
The bench took a serious note after the report, with
accompanying photographs of seniors kicking and hitting with
belt juniors, who were lying face down at the hostel room of
the elite institution.
The report also quoted a junior who termed hostel
as a torture room.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India