HC takes cognizance of report of ragging at School
Ranchi: Jharkhand High Court on monday
directed the education department to probe into charges of
ragging at Sainik School, Tillaiya in Kodarma distirct.
Taking suo motu cognizance of a newspaper report with
photographs, Chief Justice Prakash Tatia and Justice P P Bhatt
asked the Director of education department to enquire into the
matter and submit report to the court.
The bench took a serious note after the report, with
accompanying photographs of seniors kicking and hitting with
belt juniors, who were lying face down at the hostel room of
the elite institution.
The report also quoted a junior who termed hostel
as a torture room.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP