HC takes cognizance of report of ragging at School
Ranchi: Jharkhand High Court on monday
directed the education department to probe into charges of
ragging at Sainik School, Tillaiya in Kodarma distirct.
Taking suo motu cognizance of a newspaper report with
photographs, Chief Justice Prakash Tatia and Justice P P Bhatt
asked the Director of education department to enquire into the
matter and submit report to the court.
The bench took a serious note after the report, with
accompanying photographs of seniors kicking and hitting with
belt juniors, who were lying face down at the hostel room of
the elite institution.
The report also quoted a junior who termed hostel
as a torture room.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- WATCH: At 430/9, India needed 24 runs to avoid follow on. What Kapil Dev did next will blow your mind!