HC takes cognizance of report of ragging at School
Ranchi: Jharkhand High Court on monday
directed the education department to probe into charges of
ragging at Sainik School, Tillaiya in Kodarma distirct.
Taking suo motu cognizance of a newspaper report with
photographs, Chief Justice Prakash Tatia and Justice P P Bhatt
asked the Director of education department to enquire into the
matter and submit report to the court.
The bench took a serious note after the report, with
accompanying photographs of seniors kicking and hitting with
belt juniors, who were lying face down at the hostel room of
the elite institution.
The report also quoted a junior who termed hostel
as a torture room.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Is it Hardik Patel in this viral MMS Sex Video?