HC wants attaching property for not following order
Ranchi: Jharkhand High Court on Monday asked police chiefs of three states to attach within two weeks the entire property of a family for not adhering to its order to handover three minor children to its daughter-in-law.
The single bench of Justice D N Upadhyay directed to serve notices to the police chiefs of Jharkhand, Bihar and Maharashtra, asking them to attach the properties of the family in the three states by February 18 or the police heads could be asked for physical appearance in the court.
The court`s observation came in the wake of its order being flouted by Sriprakash Singh, the father-in-law of Nidhi, to hand over her three minor children and the subsequent order to attach his property.
The woman had won her case in a Bokaro court, which directed the family to hand over her three children.
The High Court upheld the lower court`s order after Singh appealed against it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Ravindra Jadeja gets engaged to Rajkot-based mechanical engineer Reeva Solanki
- Smoking hot! Deepika Padukone's first look in 'xXx' with Vin Diesel creates storm!
- Abhishek Bachchan's 'family' birthday—See pics