HC wants to know steps against Harmu river pollution
Ranchi: Jharkhand High Court Friday sought reply from Ranchi Nagar Nigam and Ranchi Regional Development Authority in connection with drain water flowing into the Harmu river here.
Hearing a PIL filed by a social activist Lalan Kumar Sharma, the division bench of Chief Justice Prakash Chandra Tatia and Justice Jaya Roy gave direction to serve notices to the Ranchi Nagar Nigam and the RRDA, asking if it was true that drain water was flowing into the river and, if so, what steps were being taken.
The court gave them time till April 11 to submit their reports.
The Jharkhand State Pollution Board had earlier in 2010 filed an affidavit and informed the court that the river was not fit for even bath because of filthy water flowing into it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter