HC wants to know steps against Harmu river pollution
Ranchi: Jharkhand High Court Friday sought reply from Ranchi Nagar Nigam and Ranchi Regional Development Authority in connection with drain water flowing into the Harmu river here.
Hearing a PIL filed by a social activist Lalan Kumar Sharma, the division bench of Chief Justice Prakash Chandra Tatia and Justice Jaya Roy gave direction to serve notices to the Ranchi Nagar Nigam and the RRDA, asking if it was true that drain water was flowing into the river and, if so, what steps were being taken.
The court gave them time till April 11 to submit their reports.
The Jharkhand State Pollution Board had earlier in 2010 filed an affidavit and informed the court that the river was not fit for even bath because of filthy water flowing into it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- How has life changed since govt's demonetisation move?
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof