Heat wave continues as Bokaro records 46.1 degrees
Ranchi: People of Bokaro braved another scorching day with 46.1 degrees Celsius as heat wave continued to sizzle Jharkhand on Wednesday.
There was no respite for the people of Garhwa, where temperatures have been between 44-47 degreed in the past 10 days. The mercury touched 45.5 degrees during the day, according to Met office.
Roads wore a deserted look in the afternoon in most parts of the districts like Palamau (44.8 degrees), Lohardaga (44.8), Hazaribagh (43.4), Jamshedpur (43.2), Latehar (43.2), West Singhbhum (43.2), Dumka (43) and Ranchi (40.9).
Unofficial reports put heat wave related deaths at two.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi