Heat wave continues in Jharkhand
Ranchi: Jharkhand capital Ranchi on Sunday recorded the season`s highest temperature as Palamau division continued to reel under intense heat wave.
After twice recording 42 degree C this summer, Ranchi, once the summer capital, recorded 42.2 degree C during the day and MeT office sources said the heat wave condition was likely to prevail for the next 24 hours.
There was no respite for the people of Garhwa, who have been enduring soaring temperatures for the last three weeks with the mercury remaining at 46.5 degree C, the sources said.
Neighbouring Palamau registered 45.3 degree C while Lohardaga and Latehar recorded 44.5 and 44 degree C respectively.
Jamshedpur remained hot at 43.4 degree C while the maximum temperature in Hazaribagh and Gumla dropped at 40 degree C.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred