Heat wave continues in Jharkhand
Ranchi: Jharkhand capital Ranchi on Sunday recorded the season`s highest temperature as Palamau division continued to reel under intense heat wave.
After twice recording 42 degree C this summer, Ranchi, once the summer capital, recorded 42.2 degree C during the day and MeT office sources said the heat wave condition was likely to prevail for the next 24 hours.
There was no respite for the people of Garhwa, who have been enduring soaring temperatures for the last three weeks with the mercury remaining at 46.5 degree C, the sources said.
Neighbouring Palamau registered 45.3 degree C while Lohardaga and Latehar recorded 44.5 and 44 degree C respectively.
Jamshedpur remained hot at 43.4 degree C while the maximum temperature in Hazaribagh and Gumla dropped at 40 degree C.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC elections results 2017: BJP to gain big amid neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena, reveals latest poll survey
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!