Heatwave sweeps Jharkhand
Jamshedpur: Heatwave continued to sweep
across the region, with the mercury soaring to 42.5 degree
celsius in the city and its adjoining areas.
The daytime temperature was 4 degrees above normal while
the minimum temperature was 24.2, a degree above normal, the
Met department said.
The steel city and the adjoining areas have been reeling
under a heatwave for the past one week as the maximum
temperature hovered between 40 and 44 degrees.
In view of the prevailing heat conditions, East Singhbhum
district administration had directed all school authorities to
wind up classes by 11 am, officials said.
Earlier, a woman teacher of Padampur Middle School in
Gamaiah in Saraikela-Kharswan district fainted while attending
a seminar due to the heat yesterday.
The streets of the city and adjoining areas wore a
deserted look with people preferring to stay indoors during
The erratic power supply and water crisis in municipal
areas including Mango, Jugsalai, Bagbera, Birsanagar, Baridih
on the outskirts of Steel City and Saraikela, Adityapur and
other parts of the adjoining district added to the woes of the
East Singhbhum district administration has set up a
control room in the district headquarters here to address the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!