Hemant Soren accused of abduction and vandalism
Dumka: An FIR was on Tuesday lodged
against JMM candidate Hemant Soren, son of party chief Shibu
Soren, and his supporters alleging that they had abducted five
Congress workers and attacked their party office at Ranibahal
in Dumka district, police said.
The FIR was lodged by a Congress worker with the
Muffasil police station in Dumka assembly constitutency.
The FIR alleged that Hemant and his supporters had
attacked a Congress office and kidnapped five Congress workers
around 2.30 am today.
Police said four of the kidnapped persons had
returned, but one Dhirendra Das was traceless.
Hemant and Stephen Marandi (Congress) are contesting
from Dumka assembly seat where polling concluded today.
Marandi won Dumka seat five times on JMM ticket and
once as an Independent in 2005.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part II
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part III
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part IV
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- WATCH: PRODIGY! This 11-year-old from Odisha slum will now train at Bayern Munich
- Turkey will give full support to operation to retake Syria's Jarablus from Islamic State: Foreign Minister Mevlut Cavusoglu
- WATCH: What is PV Sindhu's equation with Saina Nehwal? Her reply will surprise you
- Iraq executions carried out without proper trial, fuelled by vengeance: UN
- India to buy 500 helicopters, 12 submarines, over 200 fighter jets in next 10 years: Report