Hemant Soren accused of abduction and vandalism
Dumka: An FIR was on Tuesday lodged
against JMM candidate Hemant Soren, son of party chief Shibu
Soren, and his supporters alleging that they had abducted five
Congress workers and attacked their party office at Ranibahal
in Dumka district, police said.
The FIR was lodged by a Congress worker with the
Muffasil police station in Dumka assembly constitutency.
The FIR alleged that Hemant and his supporters had
attacked a Congress office and kidnapped five Congress workers
around 2.30 am today.
Police said four of the kidnapped persons had
returned, but one Dhirendra Das was traceless.
Hemant and Stephen Marandi (Congress) are contesting
from Dumka assembly seat where polling concluded today.
Marandi won Dumka seat five times on JMM ticket and
once as an Independent in 2005.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Parties should be united against terrorism, says Rajnath Singh
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez