Hemant Soren accused of abduction and vandalism
Dumka: An FIR was on Tuesday lodged
against JMM candidate Hemant Soren, son of party chief Shibu
Soren, and his supporters alleging that they had abducted five
Congress workers and attacked their party office at Ranibahal
in Dumka district, police said.
The FIR was lodged by a Congress worker with the
Muffasil police station in Dumka assembly constitutency.
The FIR alleged that Hemant and his supporters had
attacked a Congress office and kidnapped five Congress workers
around 2.30 am today.
Police said four of the kidnapped persons had
returned, but one Dhirendra Das was traceless.
Hemant and Stephen Marandi (Congress) are contesting
from Dumka assembly seat where polling concluded today.
Marandi won Dumka seat five times on JMM ticket and
once as an Independent in 2005.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- Ryan child death: Sexual assault allegations should be probed, says Manish Sisodia
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India