`Hemant Soren govt has left Jharkhand in grip of corrupt people`
Ranchi: Leader of Opposition Arjun Munda on Monday alleged the year-long Hemant Soren government in Jharkhand has only left the state in the "grip of corrupt people".
"The one-year-rule by Jharkhand government has only left the state in the grip of corrupt people.... Crime graph has risen, particularly increase in political killings," Munda said at a press conference here.
Responding to Chief Minister Hemant Soren`s claim that his government did much work in lesser duration as it marked one year in office yesterday, Munda said, "The government has neither vision nor direction in providing transparent administration and execution of welfare works."
Further to the claims made by the Chief Minister that his government had provided employment during the short tenure, Munda asked, "Where is the much touted domicile policy (to define employment)? Just giving employment letters symbolically is either confusing the people or the government is itself confused."
"Chief Secretary (Sajal Chakraborty) and the police are flying in helicopters... But they don`t have any inclination to execute works," Munda alleged, referring to visits made by the officials to inspect progress of developmental works.
The former chief minister sought to know why the government put some projects taken up by the previous government like Laxmi Ladli Yozana, Daal Bhat Yozana and Mukhya Mantri Food Grains Yozana in the cold storage.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert