Hemant Soren may take oath as Jharkhand CM on July 13
Ranchi: After getting Presidential approval on the Union Cabinet`s recommendation to revoke Central rule, JMM Legislature Party leader Hemant Soren is likely to take oath as the new chief minister of Jharkhand on July 13.
"Hemant Soren is likely to take oath as Chief Minister on Saturday at 9.30 AM at Birsa Mandap at Raj Bhavan. He wants at least one each from the RJD and the Congress to take oath along with him as ministers," a senior Congress leader said here today.
"But Congress has not yet decided. We have to wait for the official formalities to be completed first," he added.
As per the Constitutional provision, Jharkhand can have a maximum of 12 ministers, including the first among equals.
Earlier in the day the cabinet recommended revocation of President`s rule to pave the way for installation of a new government for which JMM has staked claim.
Jharkhand Governor Syed Ahmed had yesterday recommended to the Centre revocation of President`s rule, in force from January 18 after the JMM withdrew support to the BJP-led alliance.
Backed by Congress, RJD, smaller parties and independents to form the ninth government, Hemant Soren had on Tuesday handed over the list of support to the governor and staked claim to form an alternative government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Live: Jayalalithaa dies at 68 after suffering cardiac arrest; mortal remains brought to her official residence
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what