Hemant Soren may take oath as Jharkhand CM on July 13
Ranchi: After getting Presidential approval on the Union Cabinet`s recommendation to revoke Central rule, JMM Legislature Party leader Hemant Soren is likely to take oath as the new chief minister of Jharkhand on July 13.
"Hemant Soren is likely to take oath as Chief Minister on Saturday at 9.30 AM at Birsa Mandap at Raj Bhavan. He wants at least one each from the RJD and the Congress to take oath along with him as ministers," a senior Congress leader said here today.
"But Congress has not yet decided. We have to wait for the official formalities to be completed first," he added.
As per the Constitutional provision, Jharkhand can have a maximum of 12 ministers, including the first among equals.
Earlier in the day the cabinet recommended revocation of President`s rule to pave the way for installation of a new government for which JMM has staked claim.
Jharkhand Governor Syed Ahmed had yesterday recommended to the Centre revocation of President`s rule, in force from January 18 after the JMM withdrew support to the BJP-led alliance.
Backed by Congress, RJD, smaller parties and independents to form the ninth government, Hemant Soren had on Tuesday handed over the list of support to the governor and staked claim to form an alternative government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- South Korean navy fires warning shots after North incursion
- Trump lays claim to Republican presidential nomination
- Rights activist Trupti Desai alleges attack by goons in Nashik, hospitalised
- CHSE Odisha +2 Result (CHSE result 2016) Exam Results 2016 likely to be declared shortly. Check chseodisha.nic.in, orissaresults.nic.in
- PM Narendra Modi silent on scams like Manmohan Singh: Arvind Kejriwal