Hemant Soren rules out alliance with BJD
Jamshedpur: Jharkhand Chief Minister, Hemant Soren Wednesday said there was no question of JMM allying with Naveen Patnaik-led Biju Janata Dal (BJD) and the party would go alone in the ensuing parliamentary and assembly elections in Odisha.
JMM will contest the elections in Odisha on its own, Soren said when asked about the talks over BJD-JMM alliance in that state.
Addressing a press conference here, the chief minister said JMM has fielded one candidate in Mayurbhanj parliamentary constituency while it will be contesting 14 assembly seats in three districts of the state.
Soren said the party leaders including himself were going to campaign in Odisha later in the day today.
Asked about the party`s poll prospect in Jamshedpur, he said JMM would not only fair well in Jamshedpur but also in all other constituencies of Jharkhand.
Soren, who was flanked by Jharkhand Minister Champai Soren, Congress MLA Banna Gupta and RJD district committee president Ambika Banerjee, said UPA was united and will put up its best performance in the election.
There is no wave of an individual but wave for maintaining the democratic set up, he said while indirectly referring the BJP`s claim of Narendra Modi`s wave prevailing in the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement